Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sturgis II: Return of Jenna

Over Labor Day, I had the rare opportunity to fly home to South Dakota by myself. That's right, folks. I went by myself. Not even with Jaclyn. What an experience to be had!

First off, I ran into my brother-in-law, Chuck, in the Denver airport. He was flying to Worland. I didnt even know you COULD fly into Worland. See! You learn something new every day.

The whole trip was amazing. I spent so much quality time with my mom (and Grandma, too!). I think we talked over every aspect of my life (poor mom). She gave me the best advice ever, which once I actually followed up of, truly blessed my life in the long run. Mom...although slow, and dangerous behind the wheel, really serves a purpose. "Don't you go dying on me!" Sorry...random Dumb and Dumber moment. I love my mom so very much.

Mom and I went to Keystone, where we almost bought an alpaca rug that we don't need for $300 (But it matches the kitchen table!!!) and spent WAY too much on chocolate at a candy store that we didnt even want in the first place ("Just pretend it didnt happen."-Mom). We ate Taco Johns, watched movies together, shopped and more.

I also had a great time seeing my best friend from childhood, Tessa Brady. I won $50 in Deadwood on the Monopoly slots (which took me about 5 hours to accrue) and drank more Diet Coke than was good for me. We also had the distinct pleasure of visiting Treasure Island. A Treasure Island, indeed. I may never recover.

All jokes aside, the trip was exactly what I needed. A chance to get back to my roots and be surrounded by those who love me unconditionally. To spend some quality time with the people who I care about the most. To hike around Roughlock Falls and remember how much I love and miss the Black Hills. And to continue along the journey of finding out what i'm all about and where I want to go from here.

Can't wait to go back for Christmas. Where's the Tylenol?


Mom and Dad



Roughlock Falls


Me, Tess and Karen at The Celebrity Hotel in Deadwood



Me in Keystone

No comments:

Post a Comment